Code of Conduct for Sharks Parents/Carers
Abide by our Code of Conduct for Sharks at all times
We run a silent coaching policy on match days:
- Please DO NOT coach from the sidelines. It is confusing for the player.
- You may not be aware of a move of instructions they may have received.
- You cannot see what they can see.
All parents or carers must:
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding the good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Support your child’s involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.